University of British Columbia Scholarships for International Students
Targeted program: Bachelor degree
UBC’s International Scholars have the potential to make a difference in the world. They are high academic achievers who have demonstrated exceptional extracurricular activities, show a desire to create global change, and they are dedicated to giving back to their schools and communities.
Eligibility for the Program
- You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- You must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, or transferring from your first year at a post-secondary college or other university.
- You must have graduated from high school no earlier than one year prior to the academic year you are applying to. For example, applicants for 2023 must have graduated from high school no earlier than 2022.
- You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (achieve all As or equivalent standard).
- You must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree. (UBC automatically considers all international students for the merit-based International Major Entrance Scholarshipsand Outstanding International Student Awards scholarships, totalling a maximum value of $25,000 per year. If this amount does not cover your needs for tuition and basic living expenses, you are eligible to apply for the International Scholars Program.)
- You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.