EAST UNIVERSITY STATE UNIVERSITY
The International Students Academic Merit Scholarship is open to new international students seeking a graduate or undergraduate degree. The scholarship covers 50 percent of the total of in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only. No additional fees or costs are covered. The scholarship award can only be used for study at ETSU. The award is available for:
- Eight semesters for undergraduate recipients
- Five semesters for recipients seeking a master’s degree, or commensurate with the length of the program.
- Eight semesters for doctoral students, or commensurate with the length of the program (see ETSU graduate catalog).
- Scholarship can be applied to summer semesters.
- Students must first submit an application for admission before they can apply for the scholarship. Students may apply for the scholarship before being admitted to ETSU; however a scholarship applicant must be admitted to ETSU as a full-time, degree-seeking student before the scholarship application can be reviewed. ( undergraduate admissions, graduate admissions)
- Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa (F-1 visa information, J-1 visa information)
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement
- Fill out the scholarship application form.
- Students are encouraged to apply for the scholarship as soon as they apply for admission to ETSU.
When to Apply
Completed applications, including letters of recommendation, need to be submitted by the following dates:
- Fall semester deadline: no later than July 1st
- Spring semester deadline: no later than October 1st
Students must apply for admission to ETSU before applying for the scholarship. Once an admissions application is submitted, the student may then apply for the scholarship. A student’s scholarship application will be reviewed once the student is admitted to the university. Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed. Click here to apply now.
- Recipients must maintain full-time status.
- Undergraduate recipients must maintain a 2.75 grade point average in order to continue receiving the scholarship. Graduate recipients must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- The scholarship only applies to in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees. Recipients will be required to pay other fees such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, and medical insurance costs.
- Recipients continuing from a bachelor’s to a master’s degree program must reapply for the scholarship.
Students who are NOT eligible:
- Students continuing from an ETSU bachelor’s degree program to a second ETSU bachelor’s degree program
- Graduate students receiving a graduate assistantship or tuition scholarship
- Students receiving any other ETSU tuition scholarship
- Students applying for the M.D. and Pharm. D. programs